Compilation issues GCC on linux

Hi everyone!

I am trying to compile the first example with the following configuration:

$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/6.2.1/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Configured with: /build/gcc-multilib/src/gcc/configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-bugurl=https://bugs.archlinux.org/ --enable-languages=c,c++,ada,fortran,go,lto,objc,obj-c++ --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-libmpx --with-system-zlib --with-isl --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-clocale=gnu --disable-libstdcxx-pch --disable-libssp --enable-gnu-unique-object --enable-linker-build-id --enable-lto --enable-plugin --enable-install-libiberty --with-linker-hash-style=gnu --enable-gnu-indirect-function --enable-multilib --disable-werror --enable-checking=release
Thread model: posix
gcc version 6.2.1 20160830 (GCC) 

(using gcc version 5.4.0 (GCC) yields the same result)

Using this command:
gcc main.cpp -I/path/to/chaiscript -std=c++14 -ldl

I am getting this error:

In file included from /path/to/chaiscript/chaiscript.hpp:828:0, from main.cpp:1:
/path/to/chaiscript/language/chaiscript_engine.hpp: In instantiation of ‘chaiscript::ChaiScript& chaiscript::ChaiScript::add(const T&, const string&) [with T = double (*)(int, double); std::__cxx11::string = std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>]’:
    main.cpp:9:33:   required from here
/path/to/chaiscript/language/chaiscript_engine.hpp:764:7: error: no matching function for call to ‘chaiscript::detail::Dispatch_Engine::add(double (* const&)(int, double), const string&)’
    m_engine.add(t_t, t_name);
    ^~~~~~~~

It happens on the develop branch as well as on the master.

I have no insight into the ChaiScript codebase, therefore I don’t dare to claim the error to be caused by ChaiScript or GCC. I hope however, that some of you, chaiscripters, will be able to uncover the root of this evil.

It seems that the problem is in the example. Obviously, the function reference absolutely must be wrapped in chaiscript::fun().

Changing chai.add(&function, "function"); to chai.add(chaiscript::fun(&function), "function"); fixed the issue.